Happy Self-Love Sunday!
Today’s post will be brief but hopefully encouraging.
Today I wanted to share 5 tidbits of encouragement that have brought me to today. Below are 3 reasons you are deserving of good things and 2 encouraging messages for when you feel that you are not.
1. Your existence is the only prerequisite for happiness. The mere fact that you woke up this morning is an indication that you are worthy of joy.
2. Turbulent times reveal the things God wants us to know about ourselves and the world around us. If you’re standing in the midst of a storm, don’t be afraid to ask yourself, “what can I learn here?”
3. In the stillness of moments I like to reflect on how grateful I am to simply be present for this moment. Are you breathing? Can you feel your heart beating? Today you are alive and in this moment you can decide exactly what that means to you.
4. Sometimes we get caught up in the problems we have but I like to sit back and find spaces in which gratitude can exist. Yes, tuition is expensive but some people are never given the opportunity to learn. Yes, your son/daughter can be needy, but aren’t you grateful they love and trust you enough to be? Yes, it’s cold outside, but aren’t you grateful you have a coat to keep you warm? When we approach our issues with a grateful heart we allow gratitude to replace negativity.
5. Today is a new day & you woke up this morning with the opportunity to grow, ask forgiveness, heal and love. That, in itself, should be enough.
Happy Self-Love Sunday everyone! Have a great week!
One thought on “You Deserve Good Things”